Music.Photo.Tech.Digest: 3 May 2015

Long time no digest. After I finished my UB+ Eupho speakers review, I had no more products on review. And I was taking a breather from zero units on review - a rare occurrence. I was wondering how long this drought would last when it all came back to me again - 4 review units up for my attention.



Now that you know what's coming over the next weeks (hint: they are all in the photo above), here's a recap of my reviews done since my last digest.

Android Tablet: Dell Venue 8

Why it matters: It is the thinnest tablet in the world at only 6mm, encased in aluminium block. Its screen is 2560x1600 QHD. Its front-facing speakers are good. It has 4 cameras - yes, FOUR (3 are used for depth perception, 1 is the front camera).


Why it does not matter: The camera quality is poor. You don't need a tablet.

Review: http://musicphotolife.blogspot.sg/2015/04/dell-venue-8-7000-series-tablet-review.html

Music: Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman

Why it matters: It is the smallest and lightest high-res audio digital music player. It has loads of tech features including NFC, Bluetooth, 50-hour battery life, microSD card slot, FM radio, and my favourite SensMe Channels mode. Having a dedicated music player frees your smartphone to do what it does best: online surfing, answering calls, saving battery.



Why it does not matter: You think your current music player in your smartphone is good enough and find it redundant to have a separate music player to carry around.

Review: http://musicphotolife.blogspot.sg/2015/04/sony-nwz-a15-high-res-walkman-review.html

Speaker: UB+ Eupho Mini Bluetooth

Why it matters: It is designed in Singapore. It delivers impressive sound for its size. It looks unique and has practical expandable accessories.



Why it does not matter: There are too many small speakers in the market at a lower price, and though the sound quality of these low-priced speakers are questionable, I'm not sure if this target market cares much about the sound faithfulness.

Review: http://musicphotolife.blogspot.sg/2015/04/ub-plus-eupho-mini-speakers-review.html

Android Phone: HTC One M9

Why it matters: Its aluminium body finish is "jewellery-grade", where each unit is hand-finished by craftsman. It feels stunningly solid, buyers should refrain from covering it with a casing. Design-aside, the UI is sleek, the hardware is top-of-the-line.



Why it does not matter: Camera lovers might not get the best image quality among the recent competitors.

Review: http://musicphotolife.blogspot.sg/2015/04/htc-one-m9-premium-all-over-again.html


Looking for more reviews?

If you have browsed through my blog, you will find that I seldom voice opinions about products that I have never tried before. My site does not exist for internet traffic or for revenue. It exists to offer independent reviews, providing a different voice from other professional sites. Because I am not as popular as many other sites, the brands tend to give priority to them.

If you want to read more reviews from this site, you can help yourself by sharing my articles, so that more people will come to know of my site and read my reviews, to increase traffic and social influence. If you find my reviews inadequate, I welcome your comments so that I can improve.

Labels: , ,