Sony Xperia Z2 vs. HTC One M8: My Choice

OK, so I have had hands-on with 2 of the most desired phones this month. And I have been swapping between them for an immersive experience. Which one would I choose as my next smartphone?



Frankly, it is a tough decision, because both models have their strengths.

Let's first talk about Sony Xperia Z2:


What about the HTC One M8?


My Choice: HTC One M8

It's a decision with mixed feelings. On one hand, I love all the functionality and design. On the other hand, the camera has not enough pixels for zooming into details.



But when I ask myself which smartphone would be more interesting to show off, my answer became clear. Yes, Sony Xperia Z2 may have been lab-tested to be the best smartphone camera, but that's probably the only feature to brag about. The AR camera mode is also interesting to demo, though the real-life application is limited. As for 4K video, it's a feature that not many consumers would use, especially when you require a UHD display to see the advantage.

The HTC One M8 is certainly a better smartphone for the social network friendly person who likes to capture photos and to share online. With the unique features like UFocus, Dimension Plus, and Video Highlights, it's easy to impress. Although the camera pixel is just 4MP, the resolution is optimised to produce in-phone content without impacting the smartphone performance.

Therefore, I feel the HTC One M8 is a better camera overall. If you must have a good camera with high pixels for your smartphone, then your choice should be Sony Xperia Z2.


Labels: , , ,