My Birthday Wish is... Time

My wife asked me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I told her no need, for I am already contented. Well, not totally, but you see, what I really want is usually very expensive. Even if I were to think of something inexpensive, I could have bought it myself, so why should I wait for Christmas or birthday?

Gift-giving loses its significance if you have to specify your requests to the giver. Afterall, it's just a token of appreciation, so it's really the thought that counts. Of course, it'll be a bonus if the gift is really good and useful.

The gift that I truly want is Time - time that belongs to me, that I can control and utilise, not for others, but for myself.

Today, I have received this birthday gift. I am able to spend time at home, do my stuffs peacefully (it helps with a cooling weather), and completed all my songs for my upcoming Piano Spa album.

Labels: