CNET Asia Song of the Year Nomination

One of my songs is nominated for CNET Asia Song of the Year. Here's the email I received 5 minutes ago:

We are excited to inform you that 1 of your songs has made it to the nominee list for Song of the Year. From now till end December, CNET Asia is calling on readers to vote for their favorite songs. After the voting period, the song with the most votes will be crowned CNET Asia’s Song of the Year.

But it’s not all glory and no reward. The winning artist/band will walk away with a spanking new Nokia 5300 XpressMusic so tell all your fans and friends to support you at http://asia.cnet.com/music/promo/soty.htm.


The song that was nominated is called 'Our Spirit In Flight'. The grammatical mistake is made on purpose. It was meant to signify a singular element - one spirit - rather than many disparate souls.

This inspirational work was composed in 1999 but never commercially released. I produce new age albums and composed numerous musicals and this composition just can't fit into any of these collection for publication, so I thought I might as well put it online for sharing and download. Neither did I expect that my song is selected as one of the 8 finalists for online voting to be the Song of the Year. Groovy.

Support me by voting online at http://asia.cnet.com/music/promo/soty.htm

Before you vote for me, give the other finalists a chance by downloading their songs and listen. There are some really great songs and perhaps you might even vote for them instead.

Seems that the download feature is not enabled in my CNET song page, so if you have trouble listening, click here.

CNET Asia Song of the Year Nominee
Our Spirit In Flight
Chester Tan

And when you are done listening, vote at http://asia.cnet.com/music/promo/soty.htm

Labels: ,