It's Official

My wife is 11 weeks pregnant. The foetus is now 5cm long. Its heartbeat is 163 bpm. And as it approaches the end of the first trimester, it is safe to announce.
This is the reason why I have to slow down my wedding photography assignments. In fact, I have already announced on my website for the past 2 months that I have stopped taking new wedding assignments because of a 'major project'. Since I am not sure how much commitment is required of me as a Dad, so it's better to be prudent and save some time for my family.

Ever since the pregnancy, my wife prefers to take the cab to work instead of the train because she felt more tired and since her tummy is not large enough, no one would give up the seat to her. This morning, there was a massive jam along CTE due to an accident near Balestier exit. Eventually, it took nearly an hour to reach her office, after we asked the taxi driver to take a detour via Marymount Road, Thomson Road, Upper Bukit Timah Road, via Istana and Orchard Road, eventually reaching Shenton Way.

Yesterday I completed the song for the Taiwanese singer, and emailed the MP3 to my manager. Before I slept, he MSN-ed me, asking me to do a vocal recording instead of a flute melody demo. Sometimes I wonder which is the less of evil: a boring-sounding woodwind-MIDI melodic line or a horribly-sung vocal rendition. We'll let the record producer decide.

Today, the wedding couple whose wedding I took last Friday called me to remind me that the cheque they gave me was not crossed, so they told me to be careful. How nice of them. They are the most fun, most relaxed and the most hilarious couple I've met, and their bridal brothers and sisters are all a great bunch. In fact, they all knew one another for years. Just drop by their wedding announcement website and you'll see what I mean.

Labels: